If you have additional questions about the program, please send us an email through the Contact Us page.
2018 Program Fee:
• $135/child; additional children in the same family – $110 each.
• Fee includes snacks and all equipment and protective clothing used in the program.
• Each participant also receives a resource/activity book, KJB t-shirt, hive tool, jar of honey and candle;
• Signed consent/waiver, registration form and photo release forms;
• Payment in full;
• Commitment to attend each session; drop off and pick up on time;
• Proper footwear (e.g., rubber boots, running shoes, no sandals or open-toed shoes).
Note about bee stings: All participants will wear full bee suits when working with the bees. However, bee stings are always a possibility.
2018 Program Dates:
Note: some dates may change.
February 24 – at Camp Kawartha Environment Centre, 2505 Pioneer Road, Peterborough, 9:30 to noon
March 24 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
April 21 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
May 12 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
June 16 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
July 21 – site visit, location and time to be confirmed
August 18 – site visit, location and time to be confirmed
September 15 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
October 20 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
The Kawartha Junior Beekeepers are hosting an Information Night on Thursday January 18th, 2018 at 7pm for parents and kids (8-12 yrs) who are interested in registering for the program. It will be held at The Mount Community Centre at 1545 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough ON K9J 5N3.