Kawartha Junior Beekeepers 2020 Program
Information Night for Parents and Youth: Thursday January 23rd at 6:30pm
The Kawartha Junior Beekeepers are hosting an Information Night at the end of January 2020 for parents and kids (9 – 14 yrs) who are interested in registering for the program. It will be held at Hunnabees Honey & Co., 1331 Zion Line, Millbrook. An overview of the program will be provided, and parents will have the opportunity to complete the registration forms and pay the program fee if they decide to register their child.
- $135/child; additional children in the same family – $110 each. Please inquire if subsidy is required.
- Fee includes snacks and all equipment and protective clothing used in the program.
- Each participant also receives a Junior Beekeeper t-shirt, hive tool, jar of honey and candle;
- Signed consent/waiver, registration form and photo release forms;
- Payment in full;
- Commitment to attend each session; pick up and drop off on time;
- Proper footwear (e.g., rubber boots, running shoes, no sandals or open-toed shoes).
Note about bee stings: All participants will wear full bee suits when working with the bees. However, bee stings are always a possibility.
Note: some dates may change.
Saturday February 22; 9:00 to 11:45am; Camp Kawartha Environment Centre, 2505 Pioneer Rd, Peterborough
Saturday March 21; 9:30 to noon; Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday April 18; 9:30 to noon, Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday May 23; 9:30 to noon, Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday June 13, 9:30 to noon, Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday July 18; 9:30 to noon; Kawartha Lakes Honey
Saturday August 15; 9:30 to noon; Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday September 19; 9:30 to noon; Cavan Monaghan Township
Saturday October 17, 9:30 to noon; Cavan Monaghan Township
If you have additional questions about the program, please get in touch on the Contact Us page.