If you have additional questions about the program, please get in touch on the Contact Us page.
Looking ahead to 2019:
If you have someone interested in participating in our 2019 KJB season, send us the child’s name, age, and your contact information through the form on our Contact Us page. Participants will be accepted in order of contact date (first come, first served).
2018 Program Fee:
• $135/child; additional children in the same family – $110 each.
• Fee includes snacks and all equipment and protective clothing used in the program.
• Each participant also receives a resource/activity book, KJB t-shirt, hive tool, jar of honey and candle;
• Signed consent/waiver, registration form and photo release forms;
• Payment in full;
• Commitment to attend each session; drop off and pick up on time;
• Proper footwear (e.g., rubber boots, running shoes, no sandals or open-toed shoes).
Note about bee stings: All participants will wear full bee suits when working with the bees. However, bee stings are always a possibility.
2018 Program Dates:
Note: some dates may change.
February 24 – at Camp Kawartha Environment Centre, 2505 Pioneer Road, Peterborough, 9:30 to noon
March 24 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
April 21 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
May 12 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
June 16 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
July 21 – site visit, location and time to be confirmed
August 18 – site visit, location and time to be confirmed
September 15 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
October 20 – at program site, 9:30 to noon
The Kawartha Junior Beekeepers are hosting an Information Night on Thursday January 18th, 2018 at 7pm for parents and kids (8-12 yrs) who are interested in registering for the program. It will be held at The Mount Community Centre at 1545 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough ON K9J 5N3.